Monday, December 12, 2016

There was no dignity in that death.

This third hospital stay broke my spirit. It robbed me of my humanity. Every day I felt that jail close in on me. Blood was taken 118 times without my consent. I was limited mobility in a bed that didn't fit my body   Just treated like a catered being.  I asked for a chaplain and mental health support. In the two weeks I was there it never happen. I mostly sat in my own misery. Tubes down my throat. Not being able to communicate. Unfamiliar with the pain that attacked my body.  These wounds physically manifesting


When u get out of surgery your family doesn't get contacted

You could have just died.

As I paint the story of this recovery, over time. I will be u recognizable to u.  This journey is different

1 comment:

  1. My heart aches reading this. You deserved so much more. You are loved.

    ReplyDelete