Saturday, June 25, 2016

"bruised but not broken"

Sometimes on that path back, you gear up and realize the importance to self advocate.  I would not be in PT/OT if I had not told them.  They wanted to give me drugs for the PTSD and not sleeping well without a psych consult.  I had been asked about pain management from every front and outside of drugs they gave in the bags in the hospital, I have had nothing.  The surveys ask about pain.  YES there is pain.  But for me I deal with pain differently and try not to manage it with drugs first. SELF ADVOCATE
and I dwell in this body, I know things.

The Nutritionist wants to go right to supplements when certain things are low, what about a plan do with food.  Anyone who knows me knows I kill it in the kitchen.  How about I use nature to help.  What about meditation?

Treating the whole person is where medicine is still behind, but you can treat yourself.  AND expect them to respond.

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you for advocating for PT/OT, I can only imagine how many people don't receive therapy when it is one of the best things to regain strength and improve energy and happiness. Keep up the great work, you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete