Saturday, June 25, 2016

Skin when you die

Black folks and people of other colors tan in the summer. That's just how nature works. But dying also can play a number on your skin. That week I almost died I developed small ulcers on my fingers. Small wounds all over my body. I look back and month old Wounds would not heal.

But waking up from dying. My skin was black. And as much as it looks like I'm ashy it's really my skin scaling off layer by layer I am reminded that the skin is the largest organ and it was working hard to keep my ish together too.

If I were Optimus Prime this is how I feel the skin thing goes down. It's a 2.34 minute clip. Watch the whole thing or from 2.01 to end. The leadership analogy ain't bad too.
http://youtu.be/F5sQBXvSLfQ

As I heal and I see my color come back. I wonder how much will really comeback?  Shea butter and healing creams. Everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment