Friday, September 9, 2016

being called out of your name... how microaggressions work

Today at 6pm, I was called "a stupid nigger" at the corner of 11th ave and high st.

Every year of my adult life, I am the one who gets called a nigger of some sort EVERY YEAR.

I share this because for us social sciences, this type of racism affects not just the psychology but also our physical health.

In recovery road, I am a big black female body who is left handed (grew up in poverty) and recently handicapped OHHHH and have to deal with racism in my every day life that also affects my health.  The health of folks who look like me.

how can one really get well when this is going against them?  and all the wellness doesnt happen because folks ...like me suffer




https://www.rivier.edu/journal/rcoaj-spring-2007/j88-crocker.pdf

Good short read.

No comments:

Post a Comment