Sunday, September 18, 2016

the jail you plan for me is the one you gonna rot in: honor your truth

I spend a lot of time in my own head these days.  The trauma of Death breathing on my three months ago still stings.

When your heart breaks does your Heart break?

Is it the steroids that has lowered my tolerance for people's lies, excuses, and policing of me and others I care about.  ha.  dont even care.

In my former self I really believed in the good in others.  that folks are not trying to stab you in the back.  I believed in best intentions.

But since I almost died, I see EVERYTHING differently. Snakes in the grass.  people trying to sabotage the work you do or even an idea you can have.  wth.

no matter what you do to invest in others and help, you may get trapped by their perceptions or plans for you.  NO

control your destiny.  Protect yourself.  surround yourself with real homies.  fake folks will betray you.

#lessonslearnedwhileinrecovery


and then The Color Purple just takes you there:

The Color Purple: The Jail You Planned for Me...

No comments:

Post a Comment