Thursday, September 8, 2016

growing up in poverty you value relationships as currency

as orphans and recovering poor kids (coming from poverty) Lisa and I frequently talk about things that are near and dear yet I feel lots of folks dont know about or dont have a language about it.

when thinking about relationships and people, folks from poverty DO generally value relationships above other things.

the corporate or corporate like world runs almost counter to that.  Usually it's folks using relationships for personal gain or take downs.

Loyalty, Compassion.
Ride or Die.

being a private person doesnt mean you have something to hide, it just means you are a private person.

When it comes to my recovery I definitely use the blog to disclose a portion of the journey I am willing to share, the parts that I think ARE funny or interesting or helpful to others.

This way I author my story.

BUT lets be honest, LIFE has taught me to be weary of folks.
and those made up stories of my so-called life gets back to me.  some of the stories transcend recovery stuff, and that reminds me that as a private person who performs public, people will always feel entitled to tell your story.

it is why when I was facing DEATH, the homies knew who to immediately contact.

I have no grander of my life.  When I die, a few folks will really care and then some will perform that they cared.  and then folks will move on.

I do know that my circle of folks who value me on the real, are the ones that who I am will live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment