Thursday, July 21, 2016

Feedback email to Zoll re: my device

Hey There Andrew,
I just wanted to share some thoughts and experiences with the device.
Some are engineering things so down the line perhaps new designs will be considered 

-The device is clearly made or a man's body, even the icons are men.  This is rough because when you wear a bra on top of that, the pressure creates a lot of friction and where there are bands and sensors, it rubs and the skin starts breaking down.  I had to modify the device with "pads" because my skin was rubbed raw.  This is probably why folks are not in compliance with the device.  I was 98% compliant but now it is too much with cardio rehab and sweating etc.

-The harness.  THE HARNESS.  Is white.  I am brown.  The harness should come in white, nude, and black.  The white takes the dye from clothes to having my brown skin rub off brown so it gets "dirty" fast and with washing just the two (depending on how long you need device there should be 5-7 harnesses) the wear and tear is there.  

-3 times it falsely said I was in need of shock.  I just wanted to share that with you.  So sometimes at night I am a little scared of sleep from this thing.

-It is so heavy.  I am sure everyone says that.  but for rehab and working out it is so cumbersome.  It is too heavy for yoga pants so even the pants feature is useless.

-wearing upscale fancy clothes.  As a person who works for the university there are some glam events.  formal wear is nearly impossible with the design.  A lot of my formal wear I cannot access because of the device.  This should be part of the testing in future designs.

These are just a couple of my thoughts from the first month and 1/2 on the device.  If more comes to me I will let you know.  Thank you for getting this to the right folks!

Dr. Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment