Sunday, July 24, 2016

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility. - Khalil Gibran

As I work through this recovery, and finally have a mental health appt.  whew, I realize that anna julia cooper words ring different for me now.  In 1890, she said, when and where I enter my whole race enters with me...

Justice.  

Now in this recovery arena, I have an opportunity to speak for the 1000s of folks going thru the motions of recovery from near death to emergency med who dont have the resources, network, dream team, gal pals, OR mental fortitude I have.

now is a battle not just for my body, but the collective body.  just like corporate prayer, i know the words I speak up for just me are the balm of gilead for someone else.


No comments:

Post a Comment