Monday, August 22, 2016

if i knew then what I know now, I would have advocated for mama pat differently

having gone through all this I would have advocated for mama pat differently.  understanding my own body, which is connected to hers genetically, I would have stood up and not just be the baby sister going with the leadership but step in.

you dont know what you dont know.

mama did a form of cardiac rehab.  and as I do mine, I would have made her have rehab all the time.  kept moving.

I would have been more vocal about her tumor situation.

hindsight is 2020.

all my gal pals are doctors, but mama got sick 11 years ago.  we as a group didnt know what we know now.

but would I advise people who are taking care of a parent or grandparent reach out to folks like us who have those stripes or if you have friends who are social workers or health care professionals...

No comments:

Post a Comment