Monday, August 1, 2016

meeting the nutritionist.... this heifer

So anyone could do this job.
I finally met with a nutritionist assigned to me and she gave me this sheet.  See below.  First of all, the foods are based on a diet that is really American.  What If I were identifying as another group...it basically caters to old white guys, who, based on the numbers, are the ones attending cardio rehab, and I SEE it with my own eyes.  the issues are this is also why professionals are not ready for diversity or other SES.

an 8th grader could have printed off this sheet and asked me questions, I HAD ALREADY ANSWERED from a clip board/

Her: how is your blood pressure
me; have you looked at my rehab numbers, they are great (could she even do any work, any, just look at my data on the my chart feature)

Her: what do you eat for meals?
Me: ummm Let me give  you example of last week... all I make from scratch... indian, stir fry, chicken salad etc it depends on if Im entertaining or just making for one.
Her: Oh
Me: (internal dialogue- I filled this out)

Her: well it looks lie you have the diet part under control
Me: yes,  I dont have hypertension etc bc I am purposeful in the kitchen, it is where I do chemistry, I have worked out a lot of my wellness there esp. in this recovery time.  I have to do protein bc of my autoimmune disorder.
Her: well you need to work on 30 grams of protein after these workouts so you can help  your muscles.
Me: Im working on that  its hard to eat whn you are NOT hungry
Her: you want enough to be the palm of your hand
me (internal: thanks, I learned that in middle school health class, is this your master's level expertise)

Her: well do you have any questions..
Me: well I want to talk to you and the student shadowing you about health care access and disparities and how expensive the food you have listed here is... (me on the throne delivering, think kanye and jay z)

Me: well im done thanks.

...I got nothing from this meeting.  I hope she got schooled by me...
welcome to class


1 comment: